Beautiful certificate from the Curtis-Wright Corporation
issued in 1930. This historic document was printed by the Quayle & Son Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company name. This item has the printed signatures of the Company’s Vice-President, and Secretary, and is over 82 years old. Signs of wear on left boarder.
Curtiss-Wright came into existence on July 5, 1929, the result of a merger of 12 companies associated with Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company of Buffalo, New York, and Wright Aeronautical of Dayton, Ohio, and was headquartered in Buffalo, New York. With $75 million in capital, it was the largest aviation company in the country.
Wright Aeronautical Corp
Curtiss Aeroplane & Motor Co
Curtiss Airports Corp.
Curtiss Flying Service
Curtiss Aeroplane Export Co.
Curtiss-Robertson Airplane Mfg. Co.
New York Air Terminals
N.Y. & Suburban Airlines
Keystone Aircraft Corp
There were three main divisions: the Curtiss-Wright Airplane Division, which manufactured airframes; the Wright Aeronautical Corporation, which produced aeronautical engines; and the Curtiss-Wright Propeller Division, which manufactured propellers. After 1929, most engines produced by the new company were known as Wrights, while most aircraft were given the Curtiss name, with a few exceptions.
History from Wikipedia and
stock certificate research service)