Beautifully engraved certificate from the Marmon Motor Car Company issued in 1931. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of allegorical figures. This item has the signatures of the company's officers.
Marmon Motor Car Company was an American automobile manufacturer founded by Howard Carpenter Marmon and owned by Nordyke Marmon & Company of Indianapolis, Indiana, US. It was established in 1851 and was merged and renamed in 1933. They produced cars under the Marmon brand. It was succeeded by Marmon-Herrington and later the Marmon Motor Company of Denton, Texas. The name currently survives through the Marmon Group of Chicago, Illinois.