Beautifully engraved certificate from the Queen Anne's Railroad Company
issued in 1902. This historic document was printed by A.Hoen & Co. and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of steam engine. This item is hand signed by the Company's President (William H. Bosley ) and Treasurer and is over 103 years old.
In 1901 the Queen Anne's Railroad Company begin operating summer-only Cape May Express between Queenstown and Lewes with a connecting steamer to Cape May. They controlled the Queen Anne's Ferry & Equipment Company. The Queen Anne's Ferry & Equipment Company owned the steamers Endeavor, Queen Anne and Queen Caroline.
The Queen Anne's Railroad Company opened for operation in sections during the period from 1898 to April 14, 1902, of which the portion located in Delaware, approximately 32 miles, had, on January 28, 1905, been purchased by the Maryland, Delaware and Virginia Railroad Company of Delaware and the portion located in Maryland, approximately 46 miles, had on the same day been purchased by the Maryland, Delaware and Virginia Railroad Company.