Beautiful certificate from the Salyer Consolidated Mines Company
issued in 1956. This historic document was printed by the Francis H. Webb, Inc. Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item has the signatures of the Company’s President, CM Salyer and Secretary, WD Mclntosh and is over 54 years old.
As reported in the 1920's:
Salyer, Ca was founded by C.M. Salyer, born in Eastern KY in 1888-settled in Trinity County,CA-named town Salyer. The postoffice was establilshed by D.J. Williams (Williams and Salyers are related.
Salyer- Mr C.M. Salyer is the namesake for Salyer. With the completion of the Trinity River Highway in 1923 Salyer that is located at the junction of the South Fork and the Trinity Rivers. It has easy access and quality salmon or steelhead fishing. There is still employment in the woods and mining in the area.
Salyer Consolidated Mines Company equipped the property for operation on a large scale as a hydraulic mine. The Salyer Consolidated Mines Company, R. B. Brown, Mine Superintendent, Salyer, California, placed a seven-inch hydraulic monitor in operation, and has four additional Hendy monitors going into commission. About $500,000 has been spent in developing and equipping the property, and at capacity, about 30,000 cubic yards of gravel can be handled daily. Water is furnished by two pipelines, two and eight miles in length, respectively. C. B. Dunster of Oceanside, California, was the consulting engineer.