Beautifully engraved certificate from Wextark Radio Stores, Inc.
in 1931. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of an allegorical man standing with a light bulb and globe in hand. This item is hand signed by the Company's Vice President and Secretary and is
over 81 years old.
Wextark Radio Stores, Inc., was a holding company in
part and owned or controled through direct
or stock ownership the following companies: Wextark Radio Stores, Inc., Columbia
Radio Corp., Walthal Electric Corp., Duovac Radio Tube Corp., Chicago Salvage
Stock Stores Inc., Allied Radio Corporation,
as well as a loud speaker manufacturing
corporation and jobbing companies.
Reported in the PRESTO TIMES
February 16, 1929
Merger of the Walthal Electric Corp. and Wextark
Radio Store, Inc., was announced in New York
on February 8 by Walter H. Nussbaum, head of the
Walthal Company. The consolidation will create,
it is claimed, the largest radio merchandising organization
in the world. The new company wilt be
known as Wextark, Inc. The expansion and merger
program provides for additional stores in New York
city and throughout the country, according to Mr.
Nussbaum, who will continue to operate the local
branches and will also direct the chain store activities.
Associated with Mr. Nussbaum in the merger are
Charles Izenstark. chairman, and Simon Wexler,
president of Wextark Radio Store, Inc. There will
be no public financing in connection with the merger,
Mr. Nussbaum announced.
History from Bob Kerstein. The Old Stock Detective and
stock certificate research services)