Beautifully engraved certificate from the Lucerne Mining Company
issued in 1881. This historic document was printed by the Cadmns Press and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of the company name. This item has the signatures of the Company’s President, John Albertus and Secretary, Charles F. Roper, and is over 131 years old.
LUCERNE MINING COMPANY.
GILPIN AND CLEAR CREEK COUNTIES, COLORADO.
Office. 60 Broadway, New York. John Albertus, President; Charles F. Poper, Secretary and Treasurer * John Albertus, Edward W. Lambert, James H. Langford, Charles F. Heywood, Charles F. Roper, Directors. Capital Stock, 500,000 shares of $10 each. Organized under the laws of New York.
The company produced gold and silver from properties in Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties. Property included the Lucerne claim in Robinson Gulch, Idaho Springs, Clear Creek Count; the Schiller Lode on Mammoth Hill at Gregory, near Black Hawk; and claims in Elk Horn Gulch, Pleasant Valley, 3 miles from Central City. (Corregan & Lingane, 1883).
History from the Old Stock Detective and
stock certificate research service)