Beautifully stock certificate from the Meriden Park Co.
issued in 1884. This historic document has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of an horse. This item has the signatures of the Company’s President, Nathaniel Lyman Bradley and Secretary, and is over 129 years old.
Walter Hubbard and his brother-in-law, Nathaniel Lyman Bradley, started making cast iron clocks, tables, frames, andirons, lamps, chandeliers, sconces, and sewing birds in 1854 in Meriden, Connecticut. Before it found large success with kerosene-burning lamps with glass shades in the 1870s, Bradley & Hubbard mainly produced clocks, along with call bells and sewing machines. The company became Bradley & Hubbard Manufacturing Company in 1875. Charles Parker Company bought the firm in 1940.
History from Encyberpedia and
stock certificate research service)