Beautifully engraved SPECIMEN certificate from the Great Falls Gas Company. This historic document was printed by the Security-Columbian Banknote Company and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of a waterfall between an allegorical man and woman. This item has the printed signatures of the Company’s President and Secretary.
ENERGY WEST Inc began serving customers as the Great Falls Gas Company in 1909 when gas lights served by the utility were installed in the original town site of Great Falls. Gas supplies became more plentiful with the completion of a natural gas pipeline in 1928. Residential customers welcomed the opportunity to replace their dirty and inefficient coal furnaces with natural gas for heating their homes.
The Company continued to serve the growing young city over the years. In the 1970's, Great Falls Gas began to implement new conservation services as the nation and its people became more energy conscious. Energy audits, low interest loans and installation of insulation became regular services.
In 1983, Great Falls Gas began a new era when it moved into larger office space in the remodeled Great Northern depot building. Offices for the original utility and its reorganized parent, ENERGY WEST, remain in this building today.
In 1993, the corporation adopted name ENERGY WEST to more clearly reflect an organization operating utilities and propane sales businesses in three states.
Cascade District is a propane utility serving the Cascade and Hardy Creek areas. The company, serving about 300 customers, has been in operation since the underground system was installed during the summer of 1993.
West Yellowstone District began operations in 1995, The company provides natural gas utility service from a 55,000 gallon storage tank of liquefied natural gas trucked from southwest Wyoming.
Rocky Mountain Fuels markets propane to propane retailers throughout the State and in the entire Rocky Mountain Region.
WASHINGTON, DC / NEW YORK -
Scripophily.com / Old Company Stock and Bond Research Service
owns and operates the
Old Stock & Bond Research
Archives from Herzog & Co., Inc (formally RM Smythe research) which was acquired from John Herzog,
founder of the Museum of American Finance and past
Chairman of RM Smythe & Co.
included all RM Smythe Research archives, publishing rights and copyrights on
obsolete research reference material published by the Marvyn
Scudders Manuals, the Robert D. Fisher Manuals, and the Herzog &
Co., Inc. obsolete research services. The old stock research
services have been performed continuously since 1880.
Scripophily.com / Old
Company Research Service was founded by Internet Pioneer, Bob Kerstein,
CPA who is a member of the American Institute of
Certified Public Accountants, Chartered Global Management Accountants, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants. We have been collecting and selling old stock and bond certificates
since 1990. Scripophily.com started operating on the Internet in January
1996 with the goal to promote the history of old companies and help educate everyone about the wonderful hobby of collecting stock
and bond certificates called Scripophily.
We will always maintain our founding commitment to customer satisfaction and the delivery of an educational product with an enjoyable shopping experience. Please
let us know how we may be of service to you.
All Old Stock and Bond
Certificates are actual authentic certificates and are sold only as collectibles.
We do not sell reproductions and offer a lifetime guarantee to the
authenticity of everything we sell.