Beautiful certificate from the High Noon Club
Company printed in issued in 1924. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the club logo. This item has the original signatures of the Company’s President, Fred H. Groves and Secretary, and is over 88 years old.
Fred H. Groves, owned the F. H. Groves Piano Co. and was the founder of the High Noon Club, a Masonic body, of Pittsburgh. He was also is the national
president of the High Noon Clubs of the United States in 1924.
PITTSBURGH, PA., May 22, 1926 Fred H. Groves, who since 1912 has been engaged in
the piano business in Pittsburgh, has just taken
possession of his new place of business at 943
Liberty avenue. In coming back to Liberty
avenue Mr. Groves is located within a few
doors of where he first started business. Prior
to moving to his new location Mr. Groves was
located at 414 Sixth avenue. The new storeroom
is 25 by 110 feet and is well lighted and
fitted up in an attractive manner. In the rear
there is an entrance from a side street. Mr.
Groves is now installing a small repair room.
He handles the Mathushek and Jacob Bros.
pianos as well as a line of small musical merchandise.
By the Fall season Mr. Groves is
planning to have installed several booths for
use in , demonstrating talking machines and
radio outfits. Mr. Groves is well known to the
trade and is quite active in Masonic circles. He
is the founder of the High Noon Club, a
Masonic body, whose membership under his
administration reached into the thousands.
History from Encyberpedia and
stock certificate research service)