Beautifully engraved uncancelled certificate from the Allegheny International, Inc. issued in 1983. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of several allegorical men and woman beside a giant gear. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's Chairman, and Vice President and Treasurer, and is over 28 years old.
In 1898, in the heyday of steel making, the Allegheny Steel and Iron Company (which changed its name five years later to the Allegheny Steel Company, and after World War II became Allegheny Ludlum Industries) was incorporated in Pennsylvania, with headquarters in Pittsburgh. Over the next few decades, Allegheny Ludlum Industries acquired numerous businesses, most notably the Chemetron Corporation and the Wilkinson Sword Group. When Sunbeam was purchased in 1981, the transformation of Allegheny into Allegheny International, Inc. was completed. Stock research by OldCompany.com (old stock certificate research service).