Beautifully engraved certificate from the Columbus, Chicago and Indiana Central Railway Company issued in 1883. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a ship, a man chopping down a tree and an eagle with a shield. This item is hand signed by the Company's President and Secretary and is over 120 years old.
Sold at foreclosure Jan. 10, 1883, to purchasing committee which conveyed part of the property to 8 and part to 9 by deeds dated Mar. 17, 1883. Operation of the property was continued by The Pittsburg, Cincinnati and St. Louis Railway Company as lessee until Apr. 1, 1883.