Beautiful certificate from the Ebert Tractor Company. This historic document was printed by the Macet-Hall Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item has the hand signatures of the Company's President, Henry Ebert and Secretary, and is over 92 years old.
Tractor and gas engine review, Volume 11 - 1918 The Ebert Tractor Company has been incorporated with headquarters at Chicago for the manufacture and sale of the Ebert gearless roller drive two-wheel farm tractor. The company announces that though exhaustive field tests during the last twelve months have satisfied them that all details of the machine are right, they will not engage in production on a large scale until ten additional machines now nearing completion have been tried out in the South. Some of the distinctive features of the Ebert tractor are a V-roller drive in place of a rack and pinion drive commonly used, and the fact that a sprocket chain takes the place of intermediate gearing between the engine and the drive shaft. A novel rigid yet rotating reach bar connects the tractor to its implement, performing the function of the tongue on the implement and permitting the implement to be backed up by merely driving the tractor in reverse speed. Thus the action of this bar is similar to that of the reach bar on a wagon, by connecting rigidly the two wheels on the tractor with the two wheels of its implement. A 20-horse power two cylinder opposed type engine is used. The tractor will bf advertised as having two-plow capacity. History from OldCompany.com (old stock certificate research service).