Beautifully engraved certificate from the Empire Electric Brake Company issued in 1950. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item is hand signed by the Company's President ( L. M. Sheaffer ) and Secretary and is over 52 years old.
In 1946, Kelsey-Hayes Wheel Co. began supplying power brakes to Chrysler and Buick under license from the Empire Electric Brake Company. In 1947, Kelsey-Hayes Wheel Co. negotiated an exclusive license for all of Empire's products, and entered the brake market for trailers and mobile homes.