Beautiful certificate from the Farmers Bank of Virginia issued April 5, 1861. This historic document was printed by Huft & Danforth and has a border around it with a vignette of a team of horses and oxen plowing a field. This item has been hand signed by the Company's President, and is over 150 years old.
The Farmers Bank of Virginia was headquartered in Richmond with branches in Petersburg, Fredericksburg, Lynchburg, Norfolk, Winchester, Danville, Farmville, Wytheville, and Charlottesville. The sales of land and slaves in those areas were the primary accounts supervised by the bank.