Beautifully engraved certificate from Pacific Coast Aggregates
issued in 1928. This historic document was printed by Schwabacher-Frey Company and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of a lady holding a book and branches of leaves in one hand and mirror in the other hand. This item had a printed signature by the Company's President and Secretary and is over 76 years old.
1928 - The Heller family financed the incorporation of many miscellaneous small companies into what was known as Pacific Coast Aggregates. Some of these companies were Golden Gate Atlas, Piedra Rock Company and California Rock. The business consisted of ready mix, sand and gravel, and hard rock quarries.
1956 - Pacific Coast Aggregates purchased Santa Cruz Cement. The name was then changed to Pacific Cement and Aggregates.
1965 - Lone Star Cement purchased Pacific Cement and Aggregates. The business was known as Pacific Cement and Aggregates a Division of Lone Star Cement.
1970 - The company's name was changed to Lone Star Industries.
1984 - Santa Clara Sand and Gravel was purchased.
1986 - Lone Star Industries acquired Pacific Ready Mix, Rhodes and Jamieson Ready Mix & Building Materials, and Concrete Service.
2000 - The company's name was changed to RMC Pacific Materials®.