Pneumatic Scale Corporation printed by Franklin Lee Division-American Bank Note Co. New York in the 1960's.
Founded in 1895 in Quincy, MA, the Pneumatic Scale Corporation began when retail merchant William H. Doble realized a device he had developed for sealing and weighing dried currants could be applied to other products. Originally the Electric Scale Company, the firm was renamed to Pneumatic Scale Corporation upon switching technologies from electricity to compressed air. Originally handling only dry goods, the purchase of the Standard Automatic Machine Company led to patents in bottle filling and capping. As early as 1922, Pneumatic Scale Corporation had offices in Chicago, New York, London, Paris, and Tokyo. (Credit to the Thomas Crane Library for historical references.)
In 1989, Barry-Wehmiller purchased Pneumatic Scale Corporation and, in 1995, the company's headquarters moved to its current location in Stow, Ohio. By 2007, the company had also acquired the Angelus Sanitary Can Company, bringing together the powerhouse bottling equipment and canning equipment manufacturers to form Pneumatic Scale Angelus. Today, we are one of five Barry-Wehmiller businesses represented in BW Packaging Systems, which also includes Accraply, BW Integrated Systems, BW Flexible Systems, and Synerlink.
History from Wikipedia and OldCompany.com.