Beautiful certificate from the Queen Anne's Railroad Company issued in 1897. This historic document was printed by A. Hoen & Company Litho and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a steam locomotive passing thru a station. This item has the signatures of the Company's President, William H. Bosley and Treasurer and is over 112 years old.
In 1901 the Queen Anne's Railroad Company begin operating summer-only Cape May Express between Queenstown and Lewes with a connecting steamer to Cape May. They controlled the Queen Anne's Ferry & Equipment Company. The Queen Anne's Ferry & Equipment Company owned the steamers Endeavor, Queen Anne and Queen Caroline. The Queen Anne's Railroad Company opened for operation in sections during the period from 1898 to April 14, 1902, of which the portion located in Delaware, approximately 32 miles, had, on January 28, 1905, been purchased by the Maryland, Delaware and Virginia Railroad Company of Delaware and the portion located in Maryland, approximately 46 miles, had on the same day been purchased by the Maryland, Delaware and Virginia Railroad Company.