Beautiful certificate from the Ruffner Hotel Incorporated issued in 1921. This historic document was printed by Goes and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item has the signatures of the Company's President and Secretary and is over 85 years old.
Opened in 1886, the Ruffner Hotel had its own ferry to carry passengers from the C&O station across the Kanawha River to the 200-room hotel on the corner of Hale and Kanawha streets (now Kanawha Boulevard). The hotel was torn down in 1970.