Beautiful certificate from the State Line Telephone Company issued in 1905. This historic document was printed by the Albert B. King & Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item has the original signatures of the Company's President, and Secretary, D. A. Reynolds and is over 108 years old.
The Great Eastern Telephone Company was incorporated in May, 1905, In South Dakota, as a holding company. They controlled, the New York & Eastern Telephone & Telegraph Company, the New York Electric Lines Company, and the Great Eastern Telephone Company, of New York. The authorized capital was $15,000,000 common, and the same amount of 6 per cent cumulative preferred stock, of which all of the common, and $1,599,700 of the preferred was outstanding. The Great Eastern Telephone Company of New York, received In 1909 from the New York Electric Lines Company, a lease of the necessary electric conductors under the terms of Its franchise for the establishment, maintenance, and operation of an independent telephone system in New York City. It has secured over $100,000 contracts for Its service, mostly for five years from date of connection, has contracted with the Inter-Ocean Telephone & Telegraph Company for a long distance connection, and with the State Line Telephone Company and the Coast Line Telephone Company for suburban connection.