Beautiful certificate from the W.F. Morris Publishing Company
issued in 1895. This historic document was printed by EVR Lithograph Company and has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of an indian chief and eagle in front of a town. This item has the signatures of the Company's President, William F. Morris and Secretary, Willard W. Lewis and is over 114 years old.
In January, 1894, W. F. Morris purchased the Gazette Publishing Company. In May, 1895, the Gazette business was incorporated with a capital of $30,000, under the title of the W. F. Morris Publishing Company, with the following officers: William F. Morris, president; Charles G. Baldwin, vice-president; Willard W. Lewis, secretary and treasurer.
William F. Morris lived at 6 West Oneida Street, and founded Morris Pump Company in 1870; he was village president in 1878, vice-president of 1st National Bank, W.F. Morris Publishing Company and president of Gazette Publishing Company
In 1879, William F. Morris became President of the Village of Baldwinsville.