Beautiful certificate from the Bronx Home New Publishing Company
issued in 1907. This historic document was printed by the H. A. Langjahr Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company name. This item has the original signatures of the Company's President, Stephen J. Richardson and Treasurer, James O'Flaherty, Jr. and is over 106 years old.
The Bronx Home News Publishing Company operated the "The Bronx Home News" and "The Harlem Home News". The Bronx Home News, originally known as the Home News, was founded on January 20, 1907 by James O'Flaherty, Jr. Published in the Bronx, the paper served the Bronx and northern Manhattan. The paper merged into the New York Post in 1948. It became a special section of the Post, sold only in the Bronx, and eventually disappeared from view. Stephen J. Richardson was the former assistant business manager and circulation manager of the New York World. Richardson left the World in 1906 and later helped to establish the Bronx Home News. He was at one time with the New York Journal and Tribune. History from Encyberpedia and OldCompany.com
(old stock certificate research service)