Beautifully engraved SPECIMEN certificate from the Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company
. This historic document was printed by the Security Banknote Company in the 1950's and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an allegorical woman. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's President and Treasurer. Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company made cooking and other utensils out of aluminum. In 1957, the company changed its name the Mirro Aluminum Company. The Company started producing aluminum boats in 1956. The brand name they chose was called Mirrocraft. Mirro first decided to produce aluminum boats because of its production capability to roll aluminum sheet from ingot metal. Mirro Aluminum Company's primary business was the production of aluminum cookware. In 1982, former employees of Mirro Aluminum purchased the aluminum boat business from Mirro and relocated the operation from Manitowoc, WI to Gillett, WI. From this purchase the new company name became Northport Incorporated. Northport decided to keep the commitment of quality boat building alive and still produces the Mirrocraft brand today.