Beautifully engraved certificate from the Banca D'America e d'Italia (Bank of America and Italy) issued in 1923. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the Statue of Liberty in red. This item has the signatures of the Company's Administrators and is over 97 years old.
Bank of America and Italy ( BAI ), established in Naples in 1917 as the Bank of Southern Italy (assumed its current name in 1922) by the Italian-American financial group created by Amedeo Giannini Transamerica Corporation-Bank of America, owes its development above all to the intervention in Italian-American trade relations. The bank, which has been based in Milan since 1946, actively operates throughout Italy. In 1986 BAI moved from the Bank of America, to which it was affiliated, to the German Deutsche Bank . History from Wikipedia and OldCompany.com (old stock certificate research service)