Beautiful unissued certificate from the Buffalo Steam Pump Company printed in the 1880's. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a Buffalo. This company was incorporated in 1848.
Buffalo Pumps, Inc. has been in business since 1887. The company began as the Buffalo Steam Pump Company, and started as a supplier of single and double-piston pumps. Manufacturing expanded into centrifugal pumps during the early 1900's. The Buffalo Steam Pump Company was purchased by the Buffalo Forge Company during the 1930's. It became the Buffalo Pumps Division, and experienced strong growth during the 1940's. In 1979, Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation acquired Buffalo Forge Company and its divisions. Subsequently, the Buffalo Pumps Division continued growth in its OEM and marine markets, and in 1985, the company became Buffalo Pumps, Inc. Buffalo Pumps, Inc. is a subsidiary of Ampco Pittsburgh Corporation located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.