Beautifully engraved SCARCE certificate from the Cracker Jack Co. issued in 1945. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle with a sheild. This item is hand signed by the Company's Vice President and Secretary and is over 72 years old.
Frederick William Rueckheim started the business around 1871. He brought his brother, Louis, in as a partner and started the firm of F. W. Rueckheim & Bro. In 1896, the first lot of Cracker Jack was produced. It was named by an enthusiastic sampler who remarked, "That's a Cracker Jack!" H.G. Eckstein developed the "waxed sealed package" for freshness in 1899. In 1902, the company was re-organized; Rueckheim Bros. & Eckstein. Prizes were inserted in every box in 1912. In 1914, a plant was opened in Brooklyn, NY. Sailor Jack and his dog, Bingo, were added to boxes in 1918. In 1922, the company was named The Cracker Jack Co. In 1943 and 1944, the company was honored for its war effort. Borden purchased the company in 1964. Frito-Lay is now the owner of Cracker Jack.
Cracker Jack Co. - 1945
(You save $30.00 )
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available in Checkout