Beautifully engraved certificate from the Denver Reservoir Irrigation Company issued in 1911. This historic document was printed by the Franklin-Lee Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it. This item has been hand signed by the Company's President, and Treasurer, and is over 100 years old. The Standley Lake Dam was constructed in 1909 to 1911, for the Denver Reservoir Irrigation Company. It was situated on the west side of the South Platte River, about nine miles northwest of Denver, Colorado. The dam was built to a height of 113 feet, and is, eventually, to be raised to a height of 141 feet by building an embankment on the outer slope of the dam (Fig. 187), without interfering with the storage in the reservoir. At the height of 141 feet the dam will have a length of 9391 feet, a top-width of 20 feet and a maximum width of base of 629 feet.