Beautifully engraved certificate from the Duquesne Traction Company issued in 1890-1895. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a bare brested allegorical woman surrounded by machinery. This item is hand signed by the company's president and treasurer and is over 107 years old.
The company was an electric line and had 33.3 miles of track and they owned 82 motor cars. They used the General Electric system and began operations in 1892. In 1898, the company was controlled by the Consolidated Traction Company.