Beautifully engraved certificate from the Gaston, Williams, & Wigmore, Inc. issued no later than 1919. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a ship in a harbor. This item is hand signed by the Company's Vice-President (James Wigmore) and Treasurer and is over 95 years old.
The company was and exporter and importer of goods to and from countries around the world. They operated a fleet of Vessels and were part owners of the International S.S. Company. They changed their name to Gaston and Company in 1921.