Beautiful certificate from the H.H. Franklin Manufacturing Company issued in 1930. This historic document was printed by the American Bank Note Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an allegorical figure. This item has the original signatures of the Company's Vice President and Chief Engineer, Ralph Murphy, the Chief Engineer and Treasurer, and is over 83 years old. Light folds.
Herbert H. Franklin formed the H.H. Franklin Manufacturing Co. in Syracuse, N.Y., in 1893. Originally in the machine die business, the company entered the car business in 1902. John Wilkinson of Syracuse designed Franklin's first motor car. The Franklin Co. was, at the time, the only American firm that successfully marketed an air-cooled-engine automobile. The company sold about 150,000 cars over the course of its more than 30 years in existence. Ralph Murphy was the Chief Engineer.