Beautiful certificate from Indio Hacienda Inc
issued 1957. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a cowboy on horseback. This item has been hand signed by the Company’s President, and Secretary, and is over 54 years old.
Warren "Doc" Bayley was chairman of the board of Standard Motels, Inc. which owned Hacienda Hotels in Bakersfield, Fresno, and Indio, California. Bayley and his wife, Judy, opened the Hacienda Hotel at 3950 Las Vegas Boulevard South (almost two miles south of the other strip casinos) with 265 rooms in June of 1956. The casino didn't open until early 1957 because of problems with the Gaming Control Board. The Hacienda catered to the family market with several pools and a go-cart track for the kids. This out-by-its-self location created problems at first, so by the early 1960s Bayley, who was a pilot, maintained a fleet of thirty airplanes to bring customers in from California. The Argent Corporation owned the Hacienda from 1972 until 1977. Then Paul Lowden, who had purchased the Sahara from Del Webb, took control. - Imploded 12/31/96 and replaced by Mandalay Bay
Hacienda, 3950 Las Vegas Boulevard South In 1956, the Hacienda Casino/Hotel opened for business under the ownership of Warren "Doc" Bailey and Judy Bailey. The casino cost the Baileys $6 million and it consisted of 266 rooms. In 1975 it was remodeled and then sold to Circus Circus Entertainment and then to the Mandalay Resort Group for $80 million in 1995. In 1996 it was imploded to make way for Mandalay Bay.