Beautiful certificate from the New Platz & Highland Electric Railroad Co issued in 1893. This historic document was printed by Korff Bros & Company and has an ornate border around it with two vignettes of the company's electric streetcars. This item has the signatures of the Company's President, Solomon Deyo and Secretary, John Schmid and is over 115 years old. 80 coupons attached on right side.
The New Paltz and Highland Electric Railroad connected the West Shore Railroad, the Poughkeepsie Railroad Bridge and the Hudson River passenger boats with New Paltz. The line began operations in 1897.