Beautifully engraved certificate from the Piedmont Cable Company issued in 1889. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of a town by the water. This item is hand signed by the Company's President ( Montgomery Howe ) and Secretary ( Wilson B. Morse ) and is over 117 years old. One of the interest coupons is attached to the lower right corner of the bond, the balance is attached on the right side of the bond and is not shown in the scan.
The Piedmont Cable Company was taken over by the Consolidated Piedmont Cable Company. The company considered converting its Fourteenth Street horse car line to cable but instead converted the line to electric. The Consolidated Piedmont Cable Company defaulted in 1893 and reorganized as the Piedmont and Mountain View Railway.