San Diego Athletic Club $100 Bond Certificate issued in 1927.
The building traditionally known as the San Diego Athletic Club (also known as the HBJ Building and the World Trade Center San Diego Building) is a historic building located in Downtown San Diego. It was built in 1928 as a private athletic club, was converted to office buildings in the 1960s, was converted to a city center in 1994.
The articles of incorporation were filed Feb. 11, 1924, and the following were the incorporators: G.A. Davidson, George W. Marston, Claus Spreckels, Milton A. McRae, F.M. White, J.W. Sefton, Ralph E. Jenney, Richard T. Robinson, jr., and Col. Ed Fletcher, who was the clubs first president.