Beautifully engraved scarce certificate from the St. Louis Exposition and Music Hall Association issued in 1884. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company's information. This item is hand signed by the Company's President and Secretary and is over 119 years old. The certificate has been fold and shows signed of wear.
The St. Louis Exposition and Music Hall Association erected a building in Missouri Park where the present Central Public Library is located. The Exposition was completed in 1885.