Beautifully engraved uncancelled certificate from the Taylor Plumas Mill and Mining Company issued in 1886. This historic document was printed by Dollard Stationers, NY and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of several miners working on outcroup at entrance of mine. This item is hand signed by the Company's President, W. G. Robinson and Secretary, S. L. Sivey and is over 123 years old.
The Taylor Plumas Mill and Mining Company was located in Plumas County, California. The mine changed names from Taylor Mine to Crescent Mines in 1882. It was a producing mine that was discovered in 1864 and worked through 1894. Production of good ore was off and on for 20 years, but was defunct and in disrepair by 1917 (Burchard, 1882, p.84; Boyle, p.110 - Holabird).