Beautiful certificate from the Batavia & Pacific Gold & Silver Mining Company issued in 1873. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the State Seal. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's President, and Secretary, and is over 140 years old. Small cut on top margin.
The Relief Canyon mine was originally referred to as the Batavia and Pacific Mine, and the first recorded production in the Antelope Springs District (1.5 miles northeast of Relief Canyon) turned out to be high-grade silver ores in 1869. Gold, silver, mercury, antimony and fluorite have been prospected for and mined in the area since the 1860's. The first recorded production in the Antelope Springs District was high-grade silver ores from the original Relief mine (originally known as the Batavia and Pacific Mine) in 1869 (Bonham, 1985) and is located about 1.5 miles NE of Relief Canyon. History from OldCompany.com and SavingsBonds.pro (collectible Savings Bonds website)