Beautiful certificate from the Bullion Coalition Mines issued in 1910. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company's name. This item has the hand signatures of the Company's President, and Secretary, and is over 104 years old.
By the turn of the century, the Bullion Coalition Mines Company operated the main mining shaft, the Honerine Tunnel, and had consolidated the smaller mines operated by the soldiers. Early ore yields were of such high grade that they were shipped to the smelter without the need for concentrating. In 1920, the Combined Metals Reduction Company (CMRC) purchased the mine, equipment, and buildings. Because subsequently mined ore was of a lower grade, a concentrating mill was eventually constructed, at which time tailings began being deposited on-site.