Beautifully engraved certificate from the Clevite Corporation
issued in 1953. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of two allegorical women with a globe. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's President and Secretary and is over 49 years old.
The Clevite corporation was formed by the 1952 merger of the Cleveland Graphite Bronze Corporation and the Brush Development Company. Brush in the 1930s,manu- factured the ﬁrst electronically ampliﬁed phonograph ele- ments using Rochelle salt bimorphs and in the late 1940s, marketed commercial piezoelectric quartz crystals pro- duced by a hydrothermal process. Also,in the late 1940s, Brush manufactured the ﬁrst commercial magnetic tape recorders. The company merged into Gould, Inc in 1969.