Beautiful certificate from the Colomont Gold Mining Company
issued in 1900. This historic document was printed by the Denver Lith. Co. and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item has been hand signed by the Company’s V. President,F. W. Isham and Assistant Secretary, J. M. Kirby and is over 114 years old.
Incorporated August, 1899.
F. H. Stickney President
F. W. Isham Vice-President
C. L. Hyde Secretary and Treasurer
J. M. Kirby Assistant Secretary
M. E. Stickney. G. H. Thorne.
Main Office—24 Bank block, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
2,000,000 shares. Par value, $1.00.
In treasury January 1, 1900, 535,000 shares.
Owns the Antelope, in the S. E. 1-4 of section 7, containing 7 acres, and the Jenny Lynd, in the X. E. 1-4 of section 12, containing 10 acres. Both patented.
On the Antelope is a shaft house and horse whim. Three shafts, Development ranging in depth from 25 to 50 feet, have been sunk on the Antelope and contract let for 100 feet. A 4-foot vein disclosed. Will run a general average of $16.80 at ten feet deep. The Jenny Lynd has a 50-foot shaft. Mill returns on a 10-ton shipment, caught on plates, Beaver Park mill, 1895, gave $l0.80 per ton. Greater part of the development work has been done on the Antelope. On April 24, at a depth of 75 feet, a valuable vein of ore two feet wide, averaging $ 30 per ton, was opened up.
History from the official manual of the Cripple Creek district, Colorado - 1900 and OldCompany.com
stock certificate research service).