Beautiful billhead from the London Stereoscopic & Photographic Co. issued in 1874. This historic document has a vignette of several portraits from different countries. This item is over 134 years old.
London Stereoscopic & Photographic Company (floruit 1854-1908) Artist associated with 392 portraits The London Stereoscopic Company was founded in 1854 by George S. Nottage, and was still in business in 1908. It was successful in all branches of photography, but specialised in the mass production of stereoscopic photographs. The firm's output was vast; there were over 100,000 stereo photographs listed in its 1858 catalogue. The company was known by several slightly different names. In 1863 it is referred to as the London Stereoscopic and Photographic Co. and C. de V. Institute. From 1864 it was known as the London Stereoscopic and Photographic Co. Ltd. The firm occupied a variety of premises on Oxford Street, Regent Street, Cheapside and Bow Churchyard.