Beautifully engraved SCARCE certificate from the Peet Brothers Company
issued in 1925. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an eagle above the company's name. This item has the hand signatures of the Company's President, Albert William Peet, and its Secretary, C. P. Moss. The certificate is over 80 years old.
A. W. Peet Signature
Peet Brothers was a Kansas based soap manufacturer that was founded in 1872. Their products included Crystal White Laundry Soap, Crystal White Soap Flakes, Creme Oil Toilet Soap, Imperial Peroxide Toilet Soap, Sea Foam Naphtha Washing Powder, Borax Washing Compound, and many others. The company's main plant was located in Kansas City. In 1864, Caleb Johnson founded a soap company called B.J. Johnson Soap Co., in Milwaukee. In 1898, this company introduced a soap made of palm and olive oils, called Palmolive. It was so successful that that the B.J. Johnson Soap Co. changed their name to Palmolive in 1917. In 1927, Palmolive merged with Peet Brothers to became Palmolive Peet. In 1928, Palmolive - Peet joined the Colgate Company to create the Colgate -Palmolive - Peet Company. In 1953, the company's name was simplified to Colgate-Palmolive.