Beautifully engraved SCARCE SPECIMEN certificate from the Reo Motors, Inc. This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company in 1940 and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company logo between two allegorical men. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's President and Secretary.
The Olds Motor Co. was incorporated in 1897. The initial capital investment was $50,000.00. In 1897 the company produced 4 automobiles his first gas powered vehicle to the public. The asking price was one of $1,000. R. E. Olds was affiliated with Oldsmobile for 8 years; from August of 1897 through January of 1904. R. E. Olds went into competition with Oldsmobile. After leaving the company in 1904 he formed REO Motor Vehicles. In the years of '05 and '06 more REOs were sold than Oldsmobiles! Reorganized as Reo Motors, Inc. share for share 1/2/40 Reo Motors, Inc. name changed to Reo Holding Corp. 12/30/54 which merged into Nuclear Corp. of America, Inc. (Mich.) 10/7/55 which recapitalized as Nuclear Corp. of America (Del.) 6/30/58 which recapitalized as Nucor Corp. 12/29/71