Beautifully engraved certificate from the Thomas Laughlin Company issued in 1907. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an allegorical woman with a shield and an eagle. This item is hand signed by the Company's President ( T. S. Laughlin ) and Treasurer ( R. Laughlin ) and is over 95 years old.
In 1836 T.S. Laughlin opened a marine hardware business called Thomas Laughlin Co. Today they are a division of Crosby Group, Inc, the largest manufacturer of drop forged fittings for chain and wire rope.