Beautifully engraved certificate from the Inter-Locking Railroad Structural Steel Co. issued in 1914. This historic document was printed by Smith Brooks of Denver and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the company's founder, J. F. Barnhill and a steam locomotive. This item is hand signed by the Company's President, C.V. Mead and Secretary and is over 91 years old. The certificate was issued to Henry Wachter.
The company was the successor to the Interlocking Rail Joint Manufacturing Company and was incorporated in 1913. The company made railroad tracks that interlocked to provide additional strength and flexibility.