Beautifully engraved certificate from the Marietta & Cincinnati Rail Raod Company issued in 1879. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of two women and an angel. This item is hand signed by the Company's President (John Waddle) and Secretary and is over 128 years old. John Waddle was previously their Chief Engineer.
The Belpre and Cincinnati Railroads merged together to form the Marietta and Cincinnati Railroad in 1851. In 1868, the B & O Railroad purchased the Marietta & Cincinnati Railroad.