Beautifully engraved certificate from the Marietta & Cincinnati Rail Road Company issued in 1866. This historic document has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an angel surrounded by two allegorical women. This item is hand signed by the Company's President and Secretary and is over 141 years old.
The Belpre and Cincinnati Railroads merged together to form the Marietta and Cincinnati Railroad in 1851. In 1868, the B & O Railroad purchased the Marietta & Cincinnati Railroad.