Beautiful certificate from the St. James Land Associates issued in 1876. This historic document was printed by Alfred Mudge & Sons and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of the state seal. This item has the signatures of the Company's Trustees (J. K. Corthell and James Pratt) and Treasurer (C. E. Jackson) and is over 130 years old.
St. James Land Associates owned land consisting of 208,663 sq. ft. situated on St. James Avenue in Boston close to the proposed Back Bay Park.