Beautifully engraved certificate from the Turlock Irrigation District
issued in 1911. This historic documenthas an ornate border around it with a vignette of a map of the Turlock Irrigation district and a river indicating the source of the water supply. This item has the signatures of the Company's President and Secretary and is over 95 years old.
The Turlock Irrigation District provides irrigation services to about 6,000 farmers in its service area. The company also provides electric generation, transmission, and distribution services to more than 88,000 retail customers in and around Turlock, California, and it sells power to wholesale customers. Turlock Irrigation District became a generator and distributor of electricity in 1923. The district provides electric service to its customer base in a 662-sq.-ml. service area encompassing portions of Merced, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne counties.