Beautifully engraved certificate from the Edison Storage Battery Supply Company issued in 1940. This historic document has an ornate gold border around it with a vignette of an eagle. This item is hand signed by the Company's Chairman and Secretary and is over 66 years old. punched cancelled.
This company was organized in New Jersey on May 27, 1901, to develop, manufacture, and sell Edison's alkaline storage battery. It produced batteries for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles, and other uses. The company had its own research department and sales force, but it also sold batteries through separate sales companies, including the Edison Storage Battery Supply Company and Miller Reese Hutchison, Inc. In June 1932 the company merged with Thomas A. Edison, Inc.