Beautiful certificate from the Wolverine Copper Mining Company issued no later than 1922. This historic document was printed by the Franklin Lee Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of men working underground in a mine. This item has the signatures of the Company's officers.
The Wolverine Mine was small copper mining operation in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan, that was in operation from January 1882 until November 1884. In August 1890, possession of the company was obtained and reorganized as the Wolverine Copper Mining Company. It mined the Kearsarge lode until 1922 when it closed. In 1923, the Mohawk Mining Company absorbed the Wolverine Copper Mining Company and the Michigan Copper Company. History from Encyberpedia and OldCompany.com (old stock certificate research service)